feminism, and why it's so important


So two days ago the women's march happened all around the world and although I couldn't attend one, it had me feeling very inspired. For those of you who don't know, the women's march was a worldwide protest to protect women's rights but also other causes such as LGBTQ+ rights, environmental concerns, health care reform and many more. The protest was a peaceful way to bring attention to many things that need to be addressed in the world, and in America in specific. 

In this post I thought I'd talk a little bit about feminism in specific (although the other causes are equally important). To me being a feminist is about supporting the equality of all genders. Women's rights are human rights is such an important thing for people to realize, especially with everything that has been going on recently.

I also thought I'd share some of my favourite books written by some pretty cool and empowering women:



Some other things to check out if you want to know more are The Messy Heads blog and magazine because they have some great articles on equality and feminism. Also, Estée Lalonde and Arden Rose are some really cool girls who talk a lot about feminism and girl power on Youtube.

Hopefully you enjoyed this post cause it's kinda of different from what I usually do...Also, feel free to let me know your thoughts on this subject. Xx Taylor

Comments